Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Interview with Karan Soni



My interview with Karan, a senior, was my first true interview (he was my 3rd interview over all) where I was able to really feel comfortable asking more in-depth questions. I like this interview because we really talked about the foundations of being cultural. He concluded that those kids who feel more pressured to act a certain way (especially socially) are like that because of their cultural connections at home. If parents don't take an active role in teaching kids, then those kids will not be able to have that strong cultural connection like Karan. This gave me a really unique thought. I had thought that the school was to blame when kids lost their cultural connection. However, after speaking with Karan, I've come to realize that parents are more to blame than the schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment