Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Interview with Julia Koh


Talk about a tough cookie, Julia Koh is a tough junior and she was no different here. She was blunt, honest, and kind of harsh. Julia avoids the pressure all together at school. She maintains her identity by hanging out with mostly just Asian kids. While I like this desire, I can't say I like the action. I can't help but feel that such a mentality might make you miss out on something or prevent you from helping spread accurate truths about your culture. Many people follow this mentality. One of the book I'm reading talks about how African Americans and Asians tend to sit together at lunch even though the school community is still welcoming. The main draw is comfort and stability. You can be with like-minded people who share your commitment, passion, and culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment